Monday, November 07, 2005

Seeing thru the details

Sorry about the delay in posting. I had problems with my firewall and cookies, all things too detailed for me. In fact I become too focused on the details and couldn't see the big picture at time. I don't know how much time I spent trying to solve the details that I became trapped in the box of all the little details.

Don't get me work the little details are important, but sometimes they distract us from the reality of the situation. In Matthew 25, Jesus talks about separating the sheep and the goat. The criteria he uses is those that care for the least of these compare to those that don't.

Those that feed the hungry, that give drink to the thirsty, that clothe the naked, welcome in strangers, that care for the sick, the visit those in prison receive eternal life. Hmm, sounds okay, but that is hard to do for somepeople or to do all the time. Perhaps the point is not always doing it, worry about what we are doing and what we are not doing, but perhaps we should be people that are so transformed by the Gospel of Jesus that our lifestyle, our worldview allows us to see through the details of people and see them.

Can we see through the details of the homeless, the drug abusers, the criminals? Can we see through the details of those that are different (are they really that different?)?

Are we able to see the details of the lowly and poor birth of an infant child and see the savior and the King? Can we see through the details of unwed pregnant teenager and see the virgin mother of our Lord? Jesus doesn't differentiate circumstances but he sees people that are broken and forgotten and He remembers them.

Lord, Let me be a person that remembers them and sees through the details. Help me not to be trapped by the details. Help me to have the eyes and ears that you have, so I can see what you see, and hear what you hear.

No comments: