Monday, October 31, 2005

Am I prepared for Worship?

Whenever I think something goes really well it seems God has a way of knocking me down a bit. Perhaps putting me in my place. He doesn't allow me to take too much pride in what I perceive to be the work on my doing. Somehow God wants and deserves all the Glory.

However, I think sometimes Satan plays games with us, not allowing us to see how God is using us to be His hands and feet in the world. The evil one will do anything to distract us from the Glory of God.

My heart's desire is for this congregation and this community to fall deeper in love with Jesus. I do not care how this happens, I just want it to happen. I cry out for this. The worship services that God leads me to plan are not attempts to glorify myself, but to bring Glory to God. Since God is the Soveriegn Lord of All, our worship should be varied in style and matter. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess the Jesus is Lord.

When I come to worship God am I more worried about pleasing myself? Do I worry about how others will be lead into worshipping the living God? Am I prepared to sacrifice my needs for the needs of my brothers and sisters?

Can you imagine a community that comes together and worships the Lord by loving each other in that worship? Style and content seem to fade away into the background. What if we don't observe what is happening in worship and just be in worship?

Lord, help me to be the pastor that gets out of your way and lets you work in the lives of the people of CPC and surround community. Lord may I be your humble servant that points people to worshipping you and not the elements of worship. Let there be revival Lord in me and at CPC. With that revival may it spread into our neighbors.

No comments: