Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Nameless Visionary

Can you be a nameless visionary? As I was reading Nehemiah this morning, I was trying to pull out the things that Nehemiah did to carry out God's vision. In the first few chapters, I saw a person whose heart was broken for the world as God's is. I saw a Nehemiah who first confessed his sins, for his family and for his people. I saw a Nehemiah who recognized God's grace upon him. I saw a person who traveled light and realized that God would provide all that he needed. I saw a person would rallied leaders around him to get the task done. How can we be like Nehemiah, how can I be like Nehemiah in the vineyard at Christ Presbyterian.

I also sat in on the Brown Bag 'n Bible group. I listen a story of a nameless servant that helped prepare the passover feast for Jesus. I am willing to Jesus' nameless servant or am I more interested in fame and being well-liked. Am I willing to take the risk to Jesus' nameless servant.

Can we be nameless visionaries? Or do you need to be nameless servants?

No comments: