Monday, November 14, 2005

Day with Thomas and my Boys

The imagination is amazing thing. My boys love Thomas the Tank Engine. This past summer Jessi and I discovered that a real (minus the talking) Thomas the Train tours the country and pulls passengers around. We knew it would blow Andrew and Joshua's mind to actually take a ride on Thomas. The past several weeks I had been giving hints to them, foreshadowing the actually event happen. I would say something like, "wouldn't it be great to ride in a train." and, "wouldn't it be great if Thomas could take us."
I believe God does this for us. He has dropped hints foreshadowing his great wedding banquet for us. He has joyful played with us letting us know what abundance is to come.
When the days seem long, when we seem to have had enough, may we remember the promises and covenant God has made with us, and await for our Thomas ride in the sky. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you go to see Thomas the Train? I would like to take my grandsons to see him.

Tracy Johnson said...

Essex Steam Train in Essex, Conn. Apparently, he travels around the country each year. Search for "A Day Out with Thomas."