Sunday, June 18, 2006

Worship Revival

Today is a good day--but again I missed breakfast--and I love breakfast food the most. Especially Bacon. Everything is better with bacon.

Where to Worship and Where not to
Had to decide on Worship services today, I was interested in hearing our new moderator, Joan Gray speak at Mountain Brook Presbyterian Church, but ended up going to a Renewal Network Worship led my PRMI (I think that stands for Presbyterians Reformed Ministries International). The led a great worship and a sermon that was preached by Parker Williamson, of the Lay Committee.

Parker is reknown for being controvesial and sort of a trouble maker. I enjoyed the Lay committee publications and Parker's take on the denomination. I have never meet our heard Parker before but he was a very good speaker and preaching and he really broken down the theology and ethos of the PUP report in tangible ways. I was thankful for the Spirit of Christ that continues to overwhelm me and encourage me amidst the choas and heresy of this denomination.

I refuse to participate in any of the worship services of the denomination because of the preaching and rhetoric that is spoken, plus the insistence of misquote scripture and underline postmodern ethos that our experiences in the foundation truth.

Slow Business
Today is a slow day, the PUP will be finished up in the committee and the mostly a day of rest, reflection and planning for the plenary sessions.

The plenary sessions decide on the business. All the YADs and TSADs (Youth Advisory Delegates and Theological Students Advisory Delegates) will no longer have vote on the plenary floor. This is a good thing because YADs make up 25% of the committees and lean heavily to the left. For the most part they are incredibly frustrating to watch in committee, because they have no understanding of polity and reformed theology. Worst of all, there rely heavily on their emotions instead of logic and Truth.

Old Faces, New Brother and Sister
During the worship service I sat next two people from Southern New England Presbytery (my presbytery) whom I knew, but didn't know they were Evangelicals. One of them is the commissioner from our presbytery and the other was a person that I served on a taskforce in our presbytery. However, I didn't realized that she and her husband were evangelicals. Praise God for sending Evangelicals from our presbytery. May the Lord unite us when we get back home.

Revival
I can't emphasis enough with you the fire that God has put in my heart, and the sense of the power of the Holy Spirit that has been given to me. I haven't felt the presence of the Spirit upon me this much since I first accepted Jesus in High School. Before any of the meetings, God has filled my heart with the Joy of His Truth and His love. Whatever upons with his apostate denomination God has sent revival in my heart. My prayer is that is carried over to my family, my children, and the church and community that I serve.

No comments: