Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This Doesn't Belong Here (and Neither do I)

This house doesn't belong here. It actually belongs about a block away, over a canal. The water and the storm surge knocked it off its foundation and moved it across the canal onto a different street, onto another house and a truck. This house still hasn't been cleaned or gutted. It remains as it was since the storm--with all its possessions, family albums, children toys, heirlooms scattered inside covered in filth.

11 months after the fact--nothing has changed. I have no idea where the owners of this house are.

I am kinda like this house. The storms of life come and go in my life. They flood my soul, contaminte and ruin the insides. Sometimes those storms come violently or sometimes the slowly rise and carry me across the canal onto the wrong side of the street. My soul doesn't belong here, I wasn't created for this street called Earth. I was created for streets paved with Gold. God wants to restored my house. God wants to tear down my life and rebuild it perfectly so I can live where he intended us all to to live (with Him).

Help me Jesus on this journey with you. Help me become the new creation that you have started in me. Let me die to the old being--let me live in you and with you. Posted by Picasa

No comments: