Monday, February 06, 2006

Cheers of Children

Children are wonderful. As I was watching my Seahawks self-imploded in the Super Bowl last night, and discouraged not because the Steelers won (but the Seahawks really lost the game), my children put the whole evening in perspective.

Andrew and Joshua spent the afternoon baking and cooking with Babci. Andrew kept running in and showing me what they were making for Super Bowl Night (his two fists raised in the air as he states, “Go Seahawks”). Both of them maybe watch 10 plays but they would send cheers into the air for the Seahawks every once in awhile, lifting my spirits up. Andrew would watch my reactions and that mimic me. It is hard not to put a smile on my face with the positive and innocent cheers of a child.

So perhaps it is not whether your team wins a Super Bowl, but whether or not your children share in the joy of watching it with you.

No comments: