Monday, April 03, 2006

The Lord is on my side

"With the Lord on my side I do not fear. What can mortals do to me? The Lord is on my side to help me; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in mortals. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in princes." (Psalm 118:6-9, NRSV)

How often I forget that the Lord is on my side—He is walking with me. With that knowledge and relationship it should be easy for me to walk confidently in this world, not with arrogance, but with a trust knowing that God has a plan and purpose for me and my family.

Yet, I feel I protect them from the world. I feel I can guard them. I forget that God is at my side and theirs and he loves them more than I do. Hard to imagine that someone can love my family more than me, but thankful that He does, because I don’t do a great job of loving them all the time.

Lord, help me to not fear, but trust in you and recognize that you are at my side.

No comments: